Provision of an internet hosted map-based polling place and permanent business site locator service that:
- allows a member of the public to locate a permanent AEC office
- allows an elector to easily locate a polling place so they can cast their vote at a federal electoral event
- reduces calls to the AEC’s election call centre in relation to queries about polling place locations
- promotes self-service options by Users
- provides a set of spatial services to a number of internal AEC applications; primarily the Election Call Centre Application (ECCA)
It will be interesting to see if the Gov 2.0 Taskforce’s work has an affect on this, so that we don’t end up with another data silo example like the toilet database (always my favourite example). The tender closes on the 11th November.