Designing a mobile application that lets mental health service users register their mood and activity daily proved a long and challenging road. Adil Abrar shares five important lessons
Five lessons from the experience of designing the “Buddy” app are:
- Find the right part of the health system to work with;
- Focus on creating a minimum viable product;
- Embrace ‘agile’ development fully to get the most out of bringing designers, developers and strategist to create the solution;
- Even when designing apps for health consumers, remember that managers and clinicians are also the customer as well; and
- Don’t trip over Internet Explorer 6 when demonstrating to public sector stakeholders!
Also see this nice prezi presentation about the project and lessons learnt.